Wednesday, August 7, 2013

2013: The Year of Me

By now we should have all realized that we successfully survived the December 21, 2012 apocalypse:


But enough about that. I have decided that this year, the year 2013, MMXIII, dos mil trece, you get the picture, will be my year. And not to be a braggart but so far it has been. I've been killing it and I want to give myself a little proverbial back pat and express this to my fellow bloggers. Making strides at work? Check. Traveling whenever the fuck I get the chance to or get bored? Check. Females up and down the east coast? Check. Using the line, "smile if you're as horned up as I am," to a majority of said females and it working? Check that shit.

Shit, I've seen Duke, happy birthday by the way, more times this year than I've seen my family and friends back in the home stomping grounds. Who can say that and not consider it a solid year? Probably Trev, but that's here nor there.

Anyways I'm off my boastful monologue and I now invite you, fellow bloggers, to tell the rest of us how you've made this year, the year 2013, your year. Did you dodge a bullet from a crazy one night stand? Did you get that promotion at work you've been working towards? Did you, after them knocking on your door trying to spread to you the word of The Lord, successfully turn a Jehovah's Witness into an agnostic or even an atheist?

Spill it.
-Chuck

2 comments:

  1. I have also seen Duke, which pretty much makes anybody's year. Making strides in my sch- sch- schooling, and I've finally mastered a wiping technique. Pretty unfortunate that the latter success took 25+ years to complete. Oh well, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see The Duke everyday and that shit never gets old. I've made zero advancement in work, I've done well with the ladies but haven't met a single one that I actually like and my travel season has yet to arrive. I will see Hansel in Sept and Oct, I just saw Chuck 3 out of the past 6 weekends and will again for Skye's (yea, like you care about her) 200th beer and I have the highly anticipated Guns n Roses Thanksgiving Part II with Tom Ace and a person that we will keep anonymous.

    I suppose the best thing that has happened to me in 2013 is the fact that I went from about 1 to 0 in amount of fucks that are being given. Seriously, things happen to me and I just shrug my shoulders, take a sip of my beer and move on. Doesn't matter the severity of the event; shrug, sip and move. I may or may not have broken the record this year for amount of times I've muttered "whatever" or "it is what it is" under my breath. So yea, I'd say it's been a pretty good year.

    Also, I wanna hear about this new technique. I need the deets Hansel. -DSA

    ReplyDelete