Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My First Trip to Canada

A buddy from back home and I have birthdays that are a week apart (he is a year younger so I guess technically 358 days apart, sans leap year). In this particular year I was turning 20 and he was turning 19 and we all know 19 is the ripe year to let yourself out in the wild in the homeland of our neighbors to the north. He approaches me at school one day and says he's planning to go to Canada for the weekend, rattles off the name of three of our other friends and says I should come with. Abso-fucking-lutely I'm coming. And here is how, despite my many brown outs, this whole weekend went down:

We were all full of piss and vinegar to get there but realizing that this trip is all boring-ass highway, we were subdued rather quickly.

After a solid 3 hours of driving we finally get to the Rainbow Bridge and our spirits quickly picked back up.

We pull off the main stretch of glowing lights and beautiful babies (Vince Vaughn, Swingers, great movie) and pull into a hotel. Well get out and walk up to it as the guy managing it comes out to approach us at the same time.

We tell him we need a room. He looks at us and says, "5 guys no thanks." We all walk away, and he's all like this.

After learning from our first mistake, we split up and two of us, one being myself, peacock into another hotel and were blessed with a room....


... this my friends, will be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment